Following the Stage 4 Covid Guidance released on 19th July 2021, we have updated our Covid procedures to include guidance from the ‘Schools Covid-19 Operational Guidance’ updated in August 2021 available at the following link: Schools COVID-19 operational guidance – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
theschool Covid Procedures
Updated September 2021
- On arrival to theschool we ask that students are dropped outside The Link entrance (with the exception of students in ‘YoungSchool’ who can be brought into the building).
- We politely encourage all adults (over the age of 18) entering the building to wear a face covering as advised by TheLink.
- We ask that no parents or spectators stay in the building during classes.
- Students will be requested to wash or sanitise their hands on arrival to the studio.
- Students will be requested to sanitise their hands before eating and drinking.
- Students will be requested to ensure they have washed their hands after using the toilet facilities.
- Doors will remain open to allow air flow through the studios at all times.
- Door handles and all equipment will be sanitised regularly.
- We will continue to ask students and staff to stay at home, test and NOT attend theschool if they become symptomatic.
- We would politely request that families inform us if their child has tested positive for Covid on a Sunday, Monday or Tuesday regardless of the new guidance that states that people under the age of 18 no longer have to isolate.
As we are all aware, Covid is still an issue and even with the reduction of restrictions we will continue to encourage measures that reduce the risk to students, staff and users of The Link facilities. If students wish to continue to wear a face covering or practice social distancing, they are welcome to do so. We will support families and young people who wish to make decisions about mitigating their own risk.